Saturday, October 13, 2007

Chasing Pigs


We continue to get settled. We are starting a garden and my back is killing me from turning up the soil. Robi has been planting seedlings small containers and storing them in the cabinets. Yesterday, in our second day with electricity (YAY!), I was working in the garden and talking with a student who wants help studying for his matriculation exams, when the three pigs opened the gate and ran out into the yard. It was time to chase them down and get them into the pen. One problem, they are huge, at least my size, if not bigger. So we (Me, Samuel, Romeo, and Robi) chased them around for about 30 minutes and finally got them back. I must say that it was an experience that I did not expect. But fun was had by all. Always a new experience in South Africa.

2 comments:

Two Braids said...

So great to have "regular" communication with you guys! Sounds like things are off to a great start. Can't wait to see pictures of your house and garden. When writing snail mail or blog entries can I request a pronunciation guide for the Setswanan words? I know I butcher them when I say the words to myself and it would be helpful to sort of learn them. Be well! Kelly (Phillip too) Also, check this out if you have time http://adventureswithdoodle.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Nice shirt. I still think I won!!